3.16.2011

Character Design

I've been editing my story for my Creative Viz class but this character has stuck with me so far :) We have to make a one to two minute storyboard and pitch our idea to the class tomorrow. One of the options is to emulate a animator/illustrators style and I picked to do that and to try and do Chris Sanders style (He's basically my hero, did Lilo and Stitch and How to Train Your Dragon) I'm still working on my story/script/whatnot, but to blow off some steam I started working on the characters. This is the only one thats finished enough to present: Her name is Lusca. She's part of Bahamian legend that there is a half shark and half octopus that resides in the bottom on the sea that eats the leftovers from mermaids and what is drug under by the tide. Basically if a human runs into her, they don't have a chance!


Sketch
Digital Outline


Rough Coloring and Layout


Presentable Version
I'm overall pretty satisfied with this design and the progress, hopefully I can emulate Chris Sanders style better in the next character.



0 comments: