4.02.2011

What I've been busy with...

Hey all,


Finals are upon us and I've been swamped for the last few weeks (If you can tell by the lack of updates) but I have some exciting news! I was able to attend a wonderful workshop by the fabulous Will Vinton! If you don't know who he is, I suggest a quick Youtube search, but he did the California Raisins a bunch of awesome animation specials and The Adventures of Mark Twain :) I got some out of focus shots of him teaching and my first attempt with clay (I like sculpey a lot better than plasticine, it didn't smooth very well!)

Asking about story format

glorious mustache man
Mine is the purple one (its super ugly, I know)
anyways other than that I've been super busy on finals. Ill be posting them and their progress as well (Some tonight, tomorrow, and throughout the week!) HOORAY! 

Tonight I mainly worked on my Photo I Final which was anything we really wanted to do. I was drawing some crazy weird drawings one day and I thought "Hey these are kinda neat" <- I think lame dialogue.....

So after I showed my teacher we thought of some ideas on how to do it. Long story short, I built a huge vat that we put one of the figure drawing models from RMCAD in. It was a long process but I had a blast, and I learned a lot about photo, lighting, and dealing with models and whatnot (btw, she was really awesome the whole time!)
Here's some of the digital pics:




Then I took some pics with my 35MM Film camera, since I can't submit the digital files. I wanted to make a clean presentation so I got a 8X2ft piece of plastic and gridded it out for the pictures. I dripped black on the back for some extra UMPF



So that's it for now! Ill post more tomorrow :3


0 comments: